- Partnered with Fort George G. Meade to develop plans to create a Resiliency Campus that will provide expanded services for the five areas of resiliency: physical, emotional, social, family and spiritual
- Created the Rising Star Network targeting FMA member company employees who are 35 years old or younger
- Established the FMA Foundation to support the FGGM installation, service personnel and their families, civilians and the broader Fort Meade community
- Created the Meade Business Connect to provide FMA members with targeted information about Fort Meade agencies and prime contractors, and foster valuable connections between businesses and Fort Meade agencies
- Graduated First MBC Mentorship Program class in November 2012 after an extensive 12-week program that trained them on the intricate world of government contracting at Fort Meade
- Created Project SCOPE (Security Clearance Overview Preparation Education) for all Maryland students, as well college students and transitioning workers
- Partnered with Anne Arundel Workforce Development Corp. in 2012 and 2013 to bring Project SCOPE to more than 500 Maryland displaced workers, providing detailed education and dispelled myths about the security clearance process
- Created Tech Mania that has connected more than 1,500 students and teachers in the region with hands-on demonstrations of cutting edge technology from the business community.
- Created and regularly updates the Destination Fort Meade Transportation Guide
- Led the 2010 community fundraising effort that raised $135,000 to outfit the new Soldier and Family Assistance Center (SFAC) for the FGGM Wounded Warriors Transition Unit
- Supply Wounded Warriors with monthly snacks for the soldier waiting areas at the SFAC
- Supported the development of curriculum for the Homeland Security Signature Program at Meade High School
- Established the Kenneth O. McCreedy Scholarship for Meade High School Students that successfully complete the Meade High Homeland Security Certificate Program. Awarded third scholarship in June 2014.
- Conducted Education Forums: May 2007, May 2008, December 2009 and February 2011 and produced four widely acclaimed white papers that identify gaps and the actions to address these gaps in education and workforce needs
- Organized and managed Destination Fort Meade Relocation Fairs for DISA, DMA, DoD Adjudications BRAC-affected staff in 2010 and 2011
- Led the development and distribution of the Destination Fort Meade Guide, currently on its 7th edition.
The Fort Meade Alliance was awarded a grant from Anne Arundel County Public Schools to assist in the development of the Tapestry Program. This program is a DODEA funded initiative to provide professional development for teachers to better help them understand the needs of military children in their classrooms.
The Fort Meade Alliance won an Award of Excellence for its 2014 Annual Report from the annual Apex Awards for Publication Excellence, an annual competition for corporate and nonprofit publishers, editors and designers.
The Fort Meade Alliance was recognized by the U.S. Department of Defense for its efforts in supporting the successful Healthy Base Initiative pilot program at Fort George G. Meade.
The Fort Meade Alliance was recognized by the U.S. Army as a model community organization. U.S. Army officials interviewed the FMA to determine best practices for other groups to emulate.
The Fort Meade Alliance celebrated its 10-year anniversary.
The Fort Meade Alliance was awarded a Certificate of Achievement by the U.S. Army in recognition for its generous contributions to the Fort Meade Spouse Appreciation Day event.
The Fort Meade Alliance Education and Workforce Development Committee received a Certificate of Appreciation for its valuable STEM mentoring contributions to Anne Arundel County Public Schools.
The Fort Meade Alliance was awarded a Certificate of Appreciation for its outstanding support of the 28th Annual National Night Out, presented by the Fort Meade Directorate of Emergency Services and Picerne Military Housing.
The Fort Meade Alliance and the U.S. Army Garrison at Fort George G. Meade earned the 2010 Secretary of Army Quality of Life Partnership Award presented to new or exciting partnerships that have improved soldier or family quality of life programs for partnering with local businesses and organizations including USO of Metropolitan Washington to entirely furnish and outfit a new Soldier and Family Assistance Center.
The Fort Meade Alliance received the Commander's Certificate of Excellence for its donation to the Soldier and Family Assistance Center at Fort Meade.
The Fort Meade Alliance was honored with a citation from Gov. Martin O’Malley on behalf of the Governor’s Office of Minority Affairs (GOMA) for its partnership with GOMA on the Fort Meade Regional Small and Minority Business Government Contracting IT Forum held in May 2010.
Governor Martin O’Malley declared June 16, 2010 Fort Meade Alliance Day.
Fort George G. Meade Installation Commander Col. Daniel Thomas presented the Fort Meade Alliance with the Commander’s Outstanding Citizenship Award honoring the organization’s exceptional support to the Soldier and Family Assistance Center and the Wounded Warriors on Fort Meade.
The Fort Meade Alliance was recognized as the Annapolis and Anne Arundel County Chamber of Commerce's Non-Profit of the Year.
The Fort Meade Alliance received a certificate of appreciation from Anne Arundel Public Schools for its partnership with and contributions to the Homeland Security Signature Program Integrated Community Stakeholders Team at Meade High School.
What the community is saying about the Fort Meade Alliance...
"The Alliance advocates tirelessly for Fort Meade, ensuring that it has the resources it needs for its critical mission."
~ U.S. Senator Ben Cardin
"The Fort Meade Alliance has been instrumental in ensuring that the Installation receives the support and resources needed to carry out the Army mission."
~ U.S. Congressman C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger
"I don't believe any other installation has an Alliance so robust and so dedicated to supporting its well being."
~ Col. Edward Rothstein, former Garrison Commander at Fort George G. Meade
“The Alliance not only sets the standard regionally, but apects of its work are now emulated across the nation.”
~BGen Mike Hayes, USMC (ret.), Managing Director, Office of Military and Federal Affairs, Maryland Department of Business & Economic Development.