After 16 months of anticipation, the in-person fellowship and camaraderie of the Fort Meade Alliance community was finally restored at the 2021 Annual Meeting & Cocktail Reception. Held outdoors at the National Business Park Pavilion, the FMA Board of Directors welcomed more than 150 guests including Fort Meade Garrison Commander COL Christopher Nyland to celebrate not only the many FMA successes during this historic time, but also each other. In fact, the focus of this year’s celebration was, indeed, to celebrate our relationships.
FMA President Doreen Harwood highlighted stats from the 2021 Annual Report and proudly emphasized the strength of the FMA. The commitment and perseverance of the FMA community during a worldwide pandemic, as well as the continued focus on our mission and priorities enabled the following successes:
- 23 online events with 44 guest speakers and 2,570 registrants.
- The release of the highly regarded white paper titled “Top Challenges in Acquiring CS/IT Talent in the Fort Meade Region,” which catalyzed important discussions with local leaders to help shape a vision to confront these challenges.
- The introduction of a new Education & Workforce Development program, STEMOVATION, which teaches mentored students the ins-and-outs of pitching proposals in the real world.
- The launch of a new FMA member benefit, the FMA Academy.
- The activation of the Fort George G. Meade Resiliency Services Portal, a digital hub of centralized resources where service personnel, their families, DoD civilians and veterans can learn more about where in the region some of their unique needs can be met.
- Fundraising efforts by the FMA Foundation that totaled more than $225,623.
Generating Real Impact
Check out some of the video clips below to learn more about some of how the FMA is supporting the Fort Meade community.