The Fort Meade Alliance is proud of all that it has accomplished with the help and support of the dedicated Fort Meade community.
Established in 2003, the Fort Meade Alliance is dedicated to fulfilling a mission to support the work and people of Fort George G. Meade and help Fort Meade drive economic growth in Maryland. Our efforts on behalf of that mission generate real impact for our region through education and workforce development initiatives, transportation solutions, business connections and DoD community support.
- Partnered with Fort George G. Meade renovate Kuhn Hall into a state-of-the art Education and Resiliency Center to expand services for the five areas of resiliency: physical, emotional, social, family and spiritual. Hosted Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at Kuhn Hall on November 17, 2022.
- Led the design, development, implementation and installment processes for 8 Resiliency Services physical kiosks now located throughout the Fort Meade installation. Four more planned for 2023.
- In partnership with the Maryland University of Integrative Health, designed classroom curriculum for three new workshops designed to make healthy eating easier for service members and their families is currently being finalized. The workshops will be held in the demonstration kitchen now available inside the renovated Education and Resiliency Center at Kuhn Hall.
- Identified five core challenges facing the development of CS/IT talent in the Fort Meade Region and published extensive recommendations for addressing these challenges in the white paper titled Top Challenges in Acquiring CS/IT Talent in the Fort Meade Region.
- Presented at the inaugural Cyber Pipeline Learning Series, three sessions focused on three major obstacles — experience, mentorship and inclusivity — to filling gaps in the cybersecurity workforce.
- Launched the FMA Academy, a resource that offers pathways for member companies to invest in training up their workforce though a series of educational discounts and other perks offered exclusively to employees of FMA member companies.
- Introduced the Rising Stars Network Executive Speakers Series, an annual program with three-parts where seasoned executives from multiple industries speak candidly about their executive experiences as they support the growth of Fort Meade’s future leaders.
- Created the first DISA Small Business Conference, an opportunity for small businesses that currently work with (or has ambition to) to learn more about DISA’s infrastructure and how to secure new contracts.
- Hosted the first DISA Business Match, a full-day matchmaking event to connect small businesses with industry primes and DISA officials.
- Introduced the Military Wellness Community Connection (MWCC), a new initiative designed to support the unique needs of our veteran and active military service personnel and their families.
- Hosted FMA Foundation’s inaugural Stars in Service Gala at Live! Hotel and Casino in 2022.
- Created the Rising Star Network targeting FMA member company employees who are 35 years old or younger.
- Established the FMA Foundation to support the FGGM installation, service personnel and their families, civilians and the broader Fort Meade community.
- Created the Meade Business Connect (MBC) to provide FMA members with targeted information about Fort Meade agencies and prime contractors, and foster valuable connections between businesses and Fort Meade agencies.
- Graduated First MBC Mentorship Program class in November 2012 after an extensive 12-week program that trained them on the intricate world of government contracting at Fort Meade.
- Created Project SCOPE (Security Clearance Overview Preparation Education) for all Maryland students, as well college students and transitioning workers.
- Partnered with Anne Arundel Workforce Development Corp. in 2012 and 2013 to bring Project SCOPE to more than 500 Maryland workers, providing detailed education and dispelled myths about the security clearance process.
- Created Tech Mania that has connected more than 1,500 students and teachers in the region with hands-on demonstrations of cutting-edge technology from the business community.
- Created and regular publish the Destination Fort Meade Transportation Guide.
- Led the 2010 community fundraising effort that raised $135,000 to outfit the new Soldier and Family Assistance Center (SFAC) for the FGGM Wounded Warriors Transition Unit.
- Supply Wounded Warriors with monthly snacks for the soldier waiting areas at the SFAC.
- Supported the development of curriculum for the Homeland Security Signature Program at Meade High School.
- Established the Kenneth O. McCreedy Scholarship for Meade High School Students that successfully complete the Meade High Homeland Security Certificate Program. Awarded third scholarship in June 2014.
- Conducted Education Forums: May 2007, May 2008, December 2009 and February 2011 and produced four widely acclaimed white papers that identify gaps and the actions to address these gaps in education and workforce needs.
- Organized and managed Destination Fort Meade Relocation Fairs for DISA, DMA, DoD Adjudications BRAC-affected staff in 2010 and 2011.
- In keeping with our mission to support the men and women of Fort Meade, the Fort Meade Alliance is proud to donate $10,000 to the installation’s Army Wellness Center. The health, wellness and resiliency of the men and women of Fort Meade is among our top priority.
- The FMA probes the biggest challenges to building the cyber security and information technology workforce with the release of its newest white paper, “Top Challenges in Acquiring CS/IT Talent in the Fort Meade Region.”
- Anne Arundel County Public Schools (AACPS) has partnered with the Fort Meade Alliance (FMA) and Anne Arundel Economic Development Corporation (AAEDC) to develop STEMOVATION, a new program that gives high school students an opportunity to earn additional funding and mentorship for community projects.
- The Fort Meade Alliance and Fort Meade Alliance Foundation hosted the ceremonial Education & Resiliency Center wall breaking online after the U.S. Army officially accepted the organizations’ gift proffer to renovate the building.
- FMA and FMA Foundation provided needed personal protection equipment to the emergency medical teams and child development centers on Fort Meade .
- The FMA updated and revised Project SCOPE with relevant and timely information for today’s evolving workforce, with the website (www.project-scope.org) focusing on three different target audiences: high school students, college/workforce and transitioning military/veterans.
- The Fort Meade Alliance and Fort George G. Meade received the U.S. Army’s 2019 Community Partnership Award for our joint effort to renovate Kuhn Hall into the installation’s new Resiliency and Education Center.
- The Fort Meade Alliance was part of an Alliance of 20 Community Colleges and organizations throughout the United States to be awarded a grant to expand the STEM Core program piloted at the Community College of Baltimore County. This program through the Fort Meade Alliance efforts now includes 3 additional local schools; Anne Arundel Community College, Howard County Community College and Prince George’s County Community College. The FMA will provide advisory, speaking and internship opportunities.
- The Fort Meade Alliance was awarded a $381,000 to establish a Cyber Range at Meade High School. The grant will be used to create a physical space/classroom at Meade High School with the appropriate equipment, networks, software and furniture to create the Meade Cyber Lab. The facility will provide on-going training to high school teachers who will support students to learn in the Meade Cyber lab. The FMA will work to offer internships to students and externships to teachers in local cyber-related industries and support year-long student and teacher engagement through summer cyber offerings on-site in the Meade Cyber Lab and through coursework at Anne Arundel Community College and successfully transition students from high school to college and career through the work of Meade Cyber Lab Mentors who are current cyber-professionals from local government and the industry workforce.
- Fort Meade Alliance was awarded a grant by Anne Arundel County Public Schools through their DODEA funded initiative to expand the offering of cyber related coursework for the Meade High School feeder system. Courses from basic computer hygiene and skills to advanced certifications are now offered from the elementary through high school. The FMA brought industry advisors to provide insight and counsel on the coursework to be presented. They also worked to create opportunities for more real world experience for the students through project based learning, speaking and internship opportunities. This grant will be in place for 3 years.