The Fort Meade Alliance is proud of all that it has accomplished with the help and support of the dedicated Fort Meade community.
- Partnered with Fort George G. Meade to develop plans to create a Resiliency Campus that will provide expanded services for the five areas of resiliency: physical, emotional, social, family and spiritual
- Created the Rising Star Network targeting FMA member company employees who are 35 years old or younger
- Established the FMA Foundation to support the FGGM installation, service personnel and their families, civilians and the broader Fort Meade community
- Created the Meade Business Connect to provide FMA members with targeted information about Fort Meade agencies and prime contractors, and foster valuable connections between businesses and Fort Meade agencies
- Graduated First MBC Mentorship Program class in November 2012 after an extensive 12-week program that trained them on the intricate world of government contracting at Fort Meade
- Created Project SCOPE (Security Clearance Overview Preparation Education) for all Maryland students, as well college students and transitioning workers
- Partnered with Anne Arundel Workforce Development Corp. in 2012 and 2013 to bring Project SCOPE to more than 500 Maryland displaced workers, providing detailed education and dispelled myths about the security clearance process
- Created Tech Mania that has connected more than 1,500 students and teachers in the region with hands-on demonstrations of cutting edge technology from the business community.
- Created and regularly updates the Destination Fort Meade Transportation Guide
- Led the 2010 community fundraising effort that raised $135,000 to outfit the new Soldier and Family Assistance Center (SFAC) for the FGGM Wounded Warriors Transition Unit
- Supply Wounded Warriors with monthly snacks for the soldier waiting areas at the SFAC
- Supported the development of curriculum for the Homeland Security Signature Program at Meade High School
- Established the Kenneth O. McCreedy Scholarship for Meade High School Students that successfully complete the Meade High Homeland Security Certificate Program. Awarded third scholarship in June 2014.
- Conducted Education Forums: May 2007, May 2008, December 2009 and February 2011 and produced four widely acclaimed white papers that identify gaps and the actions to address these gaps in education and workforce needs
- Organized and managed Destination Fort Meade Relocation Fairs for DISA, DMA, DoD Adjudications BRAC-affected staff in 2010 and 2011
- Led the development and distribution of the Destination Fort Meade Guide.
The Fort Meade Alliance and Fort George G. Meade received the U.S. Army’s 2019 Community Partnership Award for our joint effort to renovate Kuhn Hall into the installation’s new Resiliency and Education Center.
The Fort Meade Alliance was part of an Alliance of 20 Community Colleges and organizations throughout the United States to be awarded a grant to expand the STEM Core program piloted at the Community College of Baltimore County. This program through the Fort Meade Alliance efforts now includes 3 additional local schools; Anne Arundel Community College, Howard County Community College and Prince George’s County Community College. The FMA will provide advisory, speaking and internship opportunities.
The Fort Meade Alliance was awarded a $381,000 to establish a Cyber Range at Meade High School. The grant will be used to create a physical space/classroom at Meade High School with the appropriate equipment, networks, software and furniture to create the Meade Cyber Lab. The facility will provide on-going training to high school teachers who will support students to learn in the Meade Cyber lab. The FMA will work to offer internships to students and externships to teachers in local cyber-related industries and support year-long student and teacher engagement through summer cyber offerings on-site in the Meade Cyber Lab and through coursework at Anne Arundel Community College and successfully transition students from high school to college and career through the work of Meade Cyber Lab Mentors who are current cyber-professionals from local government and the industry workforce.
Fort Meade Alliance was awarded a grant by Anne Arundel County Public Schools through their DODEA funded initiative to expand the offering of cyber related coursework for the Meade High School feeder system. Courses from basic computer hygiene and skills to advanced certifications are now offered from the elementary through high school. The FMA brought industry advisors to provide insight and counsel on the coursework to be presented. They also worked to create opportunities for more real world experience for the students through project based learning, speaking and internship opportunities. This grant will be in place for 3 years.
The Fort Meade Alliance was awarded a grant from Growth Sector and The Able Foundation to support the establishment of the STEM Core Bridges program. This partnership brought nearly 50 students from Digital Harbor and Forest Park High Schools to an intensive STEM bootcamp hosted by Baltimore City Community College. The students who complete the bootcamp moved on to college level math courses at their respective schools during their senior year. The FMA sponsored member speakers and secured Lockheed Martin to provide a summer engineering project.
Fort Meade Alliance and the Fort Meade Alliance reach their goal of $3.6 million dollars raised to renovate Kuhn Hall to establish the Fort Meade Education and Resiliency Center.
The Fort Meade Alliance was awarded a grant from the Anne Arundel Workforce Development Corp. to provide business engagement to employers looking to hire veterans in Maryland through the Military Corp Connect (MC3) program.
The Fort Meade Alliance was awarded a grant from Anne Arundel County Public Schools to assist in the development of the Tapestry Program. This program is a DODEA funded initiative to provide professional development for teachers to better help them understand the needs of military children in their classrooms.
The Fort Meade Alliance won an Award of Excellence for its 2014 Annual Report from the annual Apex Awards for Publication Excellence, an annual competition for corporate and nonprofit publishers, editors and designers.
The Fort Meade Alliance was recognized by the U.S. Department of Defense for its efforts in supporting the successful Healthy Base Initiative pilot program at Fort George G. Meade.
The Fort Meade Alliance was recognized by the U.S. Army as a model community organization. U.S. Army officials interviewed the FMA to determine best practices for other groups to emulate.
The Fort Meade Alliance celebrated its 10-year anniversary.
The Fort Meade Alliance was awarded a Certificate of Achievement by the U.S. Army in recognition for its generous contributions to the Fort Meade Spouse Appreciation Day event.
The Fort Meade Alliance Education and Workforce Development Committee received a Certificate of Appreciation for its valuable STEM mentoring contributions to Anne Arundel County Public Schools.
The Fort Meade Alliance was awarded a Certificate of Appreciation for its outstanding support of the 28th Annual National Night Out, presented by the Fort Meade Directorate of Emergency Services and Picerne Military Housing.
The Fort Meade Alliance and the U.S. Army Garrison at Fort George G. Meade earned the 2010 Secretary of Army Quality of Life Partnership Award presented to new or exciting partnerships that have improved soldier or family quality of life programs for partnering with local businesses and organizations including USO of Metropolitan Washington to entirely furnish and outfit a new Soldier and Family Assistance Center.
The Fort Meade Alliance received the Commander’s Certificate of Excellence for its donation to the Soldier and Family Assistance Center at Fort Meade.
The Fort Meade Alliance was honored with a citation from Gov. Martin O’Malley on behalf of the Governor’s Office of Minority Affairs (GOMA) for its partnership with GOMA on the Fort Meade Regional Small and Minority Business Government Contracting IT Forum held in May 2010.